Quick Ship Units come standard with:
- Aluminum Body Construction
- 15 VDC power configuration
- Acetal Tube Fittings
- Calibrated for Air
- 6-pin mini-DIN connector
McMillan Model 50K Thermal Mass FLO-SENSORS are capable of measuring virtually any clean, dry gas as low as 0-20 sccm or as high as 0-500 Lpm! Repeatable results are achieved using a patented thermal mass flow sensor design. This proven design minimizes zero drift while maintaining fast response and linear outputs.
Because of the compact size and economical cost of these products, the Model 50K Series FLO-SENSORS are suitable for a wide variety of industrial, commercial, laboratory and O.E.M. applications.
An integrated analog output reports flow rate in VDC proportional to flow rate.
A cable assembly or power adapter is required for operation.
50K Features & Options
All models have a standard accuracy specification of ±1.5% F.S. accuracy (including linearity). NIST traceable calibration certificates are optional on all models.
Units may be calibrated for virtually any clean, dry gas. Several standard gas selections are available as indicated in the Product Configurator. Contact factory for calibration information on non-standard gases.
For units with integrated displays, consider the Model 50D or 50SD. Units without integrated displays may be used with McMillan’s line of external remote displays.
All units have a 36″ (92 cm) output cable, terminated with either a 9-pin “D” connector, 15-pin “D” connector, or 6-pin PS/2 style connector. An optional mating cable assembly, terminated with pigtail leads, is recommended to facilitate wiring.
Flow ranges from 0-20 sccm up to 0-500 L/minute are available. Consult the factory for custom requirements.
All units have compression-type tube fittings as standard. Consult the Product Configurator for available materials and sizes.
Units may be ordered to operate with either 12 VDC or 24 VDC power. Various power adapters are available for use with 12 VDC versions.
All integrated output signals are 0-5 VDC. An external module may be ordered to provide 4-20 mA output in addition to the integrated 0-5 VDC output.
All units feature metal construction. See specifications for detailed materials in gas path. 50S and 50SD units feature stainless steel construction; 50K and 50D units are constructed from aluminum.
- Accuracy (including linearity, best fit straight line):
- ±1.5% Full Scale (10-100% rated flow)
- ±0.25% Full Scale (10-100% rated flow)
- Pressure Rating:
- 150 psig (10.3 bar)
- Pressure Sensitivity:
- ±0.02% Full Scale per psi (per 69 mbar)
- Temperature Rating (Environment):
- Operating: 5 to 55ºC
Storage: 0 to 70ºC
- Temperature Sensitivity:
- ±0.2% F.S. or less per ºC
- Body Leak Integrity (not including fittings):
- Model 50K: 1 x 10-7 sccs of He
- Wetted Materials:
304 Stainless Steel
316 Stainless Steel
- O-Ring Material:
- Fitting Material:
- Recommended Filtration:
- 20 microns or less
- Compatible Gases:
- Clean, dry gases compatible with wetted materials. Calibrated for air.
- Output Signal:
- Minimum 2.5K ohm load
- Warm-Up Time:
- Less than 5 minutes
- Integrated Display:
- Model 50K: None
- Typical Power Consumption:
- Standard: 12VDC @ 150 mA (12.5-15VDC)
- Peak Power Comsumption:
- 12VDC @ 300 mA (12.5-15VDC)
- Electrical Connections:
- Integrated 36" (92 cm) cable, terminated with 6-pin Mini-DIN (PS/2 Style)
- Settling Time:
- Typically <1 second for 97% of final value
- 100,000 Hours MTBF (testing ongoing)
- CE Approved
89/336/EEC (EN 55011 & EN 50082-1)
73/23/EEC Low Voltage Directive
- NEMA 1 (IP10)
- Model 50K: 1 Year Limited